Tuesday 19 July 2011

I was here.

"I was here.  I lived, I loved.  I was here." - Beyonce, "I was here"

I wanna leave a footprint on the sands of time...


Isn't everyone just trying to leave their mark on this world?  Something that will live on long after they cease to exist?  Is that what this is really all about?  Everyday is a new challenge to make a bigger impression on not just the people around you but the UNIVERSE as a living and breathing being.  All those teenagers carving their names into the bathroom walls... Mike was here, Cristina + Dave forever - it's not just a silly game.  It's their subconscious reaching out and saying "hey, this won't be here forever!  Better make your mark now."  Years from now someone might look back and wonder who scratched their name into their classroom desk, and that's more than you could have hoped for.

To be remembered.

It's a simple thing with a big intent behind it.  We're all chasing dreams, holding on to loved ones... just trying to leave something - kids, graffiti, businesses, buildings - anything that we hope will remain permanent while we acknowledge our inevitable impermanency.

Remember me while I'm here.  Please remember me when I'm gone.  That's all...

No comments:

Post a Comment