Wednesday 19 October 2011

it rains every wednesday

What is the meaning of the Facebook relationship?  Why do people need to publicly validate themselves and their relationships on the internet?

Well... I guess we all feel the need to validate ourselves in the internet... otherwise you wouldn't be reading this right now and I would be writing this in a journal, never to be shared with the world until my future children find it one day, stowed away in an attic somewhere, long after I've departed this world.  We write blogs to cement our thoughts into the world.  So I guess cementing your relationship status via Facebook is somewhat like claiming your territory.  That much is obvious.  I think most girls who do the whole "in a relationship with [insert temporary name here]", do it as a sort of metaphorical peeing-on-your-property-to-mark-it kind of nature.  It just seems so fake.  And fueled by negative thoughts such as insecurity, jealousy, and immaturity, to name a few.

If you're in a relationship, a happy relationship, and you love one another... why do I need to know?  I'm not looking at him.  Especially now that I know he's in a relationship on Facebook.

Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment